Monday, February 28, 2005

Paul Giamatti?

I didn't participate in the oscars last night. I was distracted by other things. I wasn't upset in any way that I missed them since I've only seen 2 of the movies that were nominated for anything. Those movies were 'The Incredibles,' and 'Spider-man 2.' They went pretty much how I expected them to. Although I was expecting Paul Giamatti to be at least nominated for something at least. I didn't see his performance in 'Sideways' although I'm sure it was fantastic. He is an incredibly talented and gifted actor.

Like I said I didn't participate but I heard several comments about Chris Rock looking incredibly uneasy as the host. I'm don't it's fair to assume that just because someone is a comic that they have some innate ability to host award shows. Why was Chris Rock even picked to host? Was Billy Crystal not available this year? Whoopi Goldberg? Ellen DeGeneres? Chris Rock seems like a very odd choice for a host to me. He's stand-up is quite amusing, but I'm not sure it fits a roomful of tuxedo's and dashed hopes. I heard he insulted Jude Law and that Sean Penn, of all people, came out later and fought on Jude's behalf? I'm not sad I didn't watch last night.

I wanted to watch 'Ray' tonight, but I have an old late fee from Blockbuster. I know the wiped out late fees, but this one precedes that wipe out so I'm not sure if it is grandfathered in or not. If I still have the late fee I might as well buy the movie, it would probably be cheaper.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Ray this weekend and am planning to see it again... I definitely recommend it! =)

2/28/2005 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sideways was the best movie of the year I think. Giamatti gave the best performance of the year for any actor, but I didn't see most of the movies nominated for best picture or best actor. You should go see Sideways, damn good

3/10/2005 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home