Thursday, June 09, 2005

Non-Being is What We Use

My father & I attempted to attach and new hydraulic closer to a screen door last night.

Quite the spectacle. He tends to get frustrated very easily all the while losing focus. I never really remember him being that handy around the house, in correlation I'm also not as handy. I can do the simpler things like put in new light switches, put together IKEA furniture, hook up audio and video components, install ceiling fans, and a few other essential items that a home owner should know how to do.
The problem last night wasn't with us however, it was with the door frame. The wood on the inside of the frame where the old hydraulic piece attached it self was all rotted, hence it was not strong enough to take the new screws. We tried our best to build it up with new pieces of wood but when we opened the door it just ripped the hinge from the frame like it was attached to popsicle sticks. After the hinge had bested us I suggested just tightening the spring closer at the top of the frame. As long as you swing the door far enough out the spring will shut it. Physics at work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

2/21/2010 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home