Tuesday, October 31, 2006

True Dreams

I've always felt I picked up on universal vibes throughout my life.
DSC00005
A lot of the time they are spot on, or at least pretty damn close to the spot. I can remember a lot of them specifically. I'm sure you are all begging for an example of my mental prowess and I would hate to disappoint my faithful readers.

In high school I had worked up the courage to ask out a female class member who I very much liked adorning with my attentions. We had been vigorously flirting for weeks before the approaching Thanksgiving break. That particular Thanksgiving my father was getting remarried on the Caribbean Island of St. John and my sister and I went with the soon-to-be newlyweds for the ceremony and also spent a week living in a beautiful house right on the beach. While I was absent on this tropical paradise I had a dream every night that when I returned home the lady friend which had previously told me that she would love to share my company had changed her mind. Those dreams were very vivid and felt quite real. I decided then that they were just wild fabrications of a teenage mind. How could I possibly know what was going to happen upon my return to the States?

When I resumed school after living on that gorgeous island, one of the most wonderful experiences of my life mind you, I re-commenced my courting of this young lady. To my astonishment she in fact had changed her mind. Turns out she actually already had a boyfriend at another high school which I had known nothing about. I was saddened, as any young man would be after a slight rejection. I was also enraged that my dreams were correct, they weren't just idle thoughts of a teenager. I felt as though my mind had turned against me. I also wondered if I wasn't visited by those dreams would she and I have gone on our date?
DSC00025
I know now that dreams are other probable realities in which you play out life scenarios in your mind. I have been remembering dreams about certain scenarios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home