Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Home

I made it back.

The beach was amazingly relaxing. There is something inherently freeing about sitting on sand listening to waves constantly shushing the world. After the sun goes down you can just stand there in silent reverie watching the black water in the moon light, it's incredibly freeing.

I can't speak for everyone but I know I had a blast. Duck is an old people town, but I still had a good time. I'm not the kind of guy that usually enjoys walking through touristy shops with the throngs of families trying to escape there suit and tie world, but I still made it worth while. I enjoy talking to the shop keeps about their thoughts on working in high traffic of out of towners. They all seemed very disinterested in my attempts to question them about their tourist town.

We went and did Karaoke on Thursday night. Now I know we all had a blast there. We all sang at least 1 song. I sang 3. I sang 'Midnight Train to Georgia' with the help of some of the waitresses at the establishment and I totally blew it. I'm sure it sounded shitty as hell. I stepped it up a little the next time when I sang 'The Gambler.' I think I finally redeemed myself when I sang my last tune, 'Like a Virgin.' I found the sweet spot by the speakers at that point and I just let fly.

Ben sang 2 country songs with some hot ass ladies, who later gave him their numbers. Aaron sang a country song. Matt & I sang 'Lady' and he sang 'Sweet Caroline' solo. Lauren sang 'Son of a Preacher Man.' Mike sang 'Shout.' They all sounded a damn sight better than I did. We had a blast.

Now that I've returned home it makes my mind reel to try and remember why I live here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home