Monday, August 08, 2005

Family Band

I saw Robert Randolph & the Family Band last night.
Band
Great day. Great music. Great atmosphere. Great company.
They played out at Hartwood Acres which is one of the free venues that puts on shows throughout the summer on Sunday nights for all you out-of-towners. They usually book some pretty big names, plus the price is right.

He totally rocked the hell out of me and all my compatriots. We had a fairly large crowd with us for the evenings entertainment. I have to say some of my fondest memories of youth were spent at that ginormous field. Crazy suit & tie hippies released from their weekly shackles dancing and swaying to the music. Bikers and bluesmen sitting on blankets and lawn chairs. Naked babies roaming free getting licked by dogs wearing bandanas.
Dance Party
This shows crowd was unlike the others, however I noticed that this one included the Abercrombie and H&M crowd of fratmen and sororitywoman. It's nice to have common denominators that bring us all to the same spot. They fill in the proverbial 'Chex-mix' of live jam band shows quite well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home