Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Kennywood

Noah, Matt, & I went to Kennywood last night for Italian Day.
Jack Rabbit Track
I had a great time. My once a year visit is enough though, it lacks the childhood fascination it once did. Where in 4 hours is quite enough for me now it would never have been enough for 'Little Raymie.' When I was a younger lad I would try and get there as early as I could and stay as late.

I was thinking last night that not a whole lot of cities have their own amusement park that isn't corporate run, or a chain of theme parks. The only one I can really think of is Coney Island. Kennywood is slightly bigger than Coney Island I believe.
Litter Gitter
I couldn't get my seatbelt buckled properly on the Pittfall, so the attendant came over as I swearing at it. She asked if I was Italian and told me that Italians had the worst mouths. She relayed to me that she had heard more swearing yesterday that any other day of the year.
Funnell Cake
I lost the battle to my inner fat man when Matt & I took it home on a Super Deluxe Djibouti Funnel Cake. I was trying to hold out, but Noah's Funnel Cake appealed to my fat man. All was lost.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ray!
I miss Italian day at Kennywood. Coney Island's amusement park is actually fairly small. It basically could fit in Old Kennywood. And to ride the cyclone, it costs $5.00 and $4.00 for another ride.

-lnr

7/21/2005 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home