Thursday, September 01, 2005

Summer, where you been?

Autumn has wound down.
IMG26
September always brings me back, in my mind at least, to my early school days. I remember waiting for the bus on the first day of school. Brand news shoes on my feet that they just released that morning, and I somehow got to the store and back to the bus stop by 6 AM just to be the first person to have them on. Only to find out when I arrived that everyone was wearing them. Not knowing if I should wear pants or shorts for the first day and spending most of the previous night deciding which would make me look cooler. Wondering if I should dare carry a lunch box, or should I eat the previous school years hamburgers and french fry combination that had been awaiting our arrival all summer and would most likely make me nauseous. Ah dumber days. How I long for those to be the biggest problems in my life.
Austin, Lil' Ken, & Me
I start along my new journey this September morning. I don't have the newest shoes on my feet, I'm wearing pants, and I'm too lazy to pack myself a lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home