Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Murse Is Famous

I saw the Mike Doughty Band last night at Smalls.
Doughty 5
It was a fantastic show. Scrap Facts. Face calls. G'n'R. Chuck. Old school Hip Hop.
Pete McNeal the Man of Feel 3
Pete McNeal, 'The Man of Feel' as Doughy has so dubbed him, has got to be the tightest drummer I've heard in a long time. I've definitely only heard a few drummers who not only play well, but play well enough into the songs that to hear the song without the drums would be a travesty.
Scrap's Song
Scrap maybe the funniest person I've never met. He stands off center and in the backish playing the upright with swiss watch like precision. All the while he adorns a smirk on his face that makes you feel he is aware of something you aren't. I want to know what Scrap is thinking.
Handsome Dan 3
Handsome Dan has the most amazing sound. I totally dug his Face call. And I definitely want to know what keyboard he was using for it. Dan also has a look to him as he plays. Mostly with his mouth open.
Doughty @ Sampler 2
Doughty signed my Murse. You are a very nice man Mr. Doughty. I enjoy all of your music as well as personal stylings.
Doughty & I

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray, great pixx. I noticed Mike credited us in reverse on his blog. I emailed him. You might wanna do the same. Regardless, great show! I'm glad you got to see it.

10/20/2005 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home