Monday, September 12, 2005

Seamus O'Grady

I took up my Irish guise again Saturday night.
Gaelic Storm 2
We went down to Station Square for the Irish Festival. Needless to say there were more than a few sons and daughters of Ireland there, and although I was prepared to give my false appellation to anyone who questioned my ethnicity, I certainly wasn't the only non-irish person in attendance.
Gaelic Storm
I was looking forward to enjoying some Shepards pie all day long. I've only tasted it once before and I've decided that it definitely warrants a second tasting. When we got to the main tent where the 'traditional' food was being prepared I found out to my dissapointment that most all of the food was sold out. The only traditional meal that was being served was stew in a bread bowl. I of course got the time-honored Irish feast of a slice of pizza, a corn dog, and french fries. I lost count, but I know we all had at least 4 funnell cakes to share as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home