Thursday, April 28, 2005

Little People

'Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside'
-Rita Rudner

I was hanging out with one of my ex-girlfriends last night who happens to be pregnant. She looked great actually. Majestic almost. We talked for about an hour and a half about pregnancy and all of the fascinating things that have happened and are still happening in her body. I was, as usual, hungry for knowledge and very intrigued by the goings on. She told me that her boyfriend didn't seem to care to know as much as I did. I guess I'm just fascinated by things I don't know about.

We were talking about breast feeding and she showed me her breast pump. I felt like a little kid who just ran down the stair on Christmas morning. I was very intrigued with it. It is in all reality a freaky looking device that basically turns 'Mom' into a dairy cow. I enjoyed reading the instructions and playing with the milker.

After we talked for awhile we got some food and just as she was about to eat the baby started moving. She told me that the baby started moving when she knew she was going to get some food. It was amazing. She let me feel the baby as she was turning inside of her. I was so impressed at this whole process I almost felt a fatherly pride swelling up inside of me. I'm not anxious to have kids but I hope to someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home