Monday, April 18, 2005

Powers of Baseball

I went to a Pirate game on Saturday night.

Unfortunately I forgot to grab my camera. Fortunately I usurped a friends camera and took pictures of the evening. Unfortunately I've yet to yield to fruits of my toil since she has the pictures imprisoned on her camera still. I must release those brave photos! I will try and post the game pictures in future messages.

Our group of 10 began our night at Hi-Top's, a bar across the street from PNC Park. Iron City Beer was $4 a pounder which I thought was outrageous until we went to the game and found that it was $6.75. I opened a window behind my table and saw that there was no screen, so naturally we began yelling at Cubs fans that walked by, unaware where the yelling was coming from, very few actually looked up. We just used jocular 'Boo's' and 'Go homes.' We aren't that brave and we are definitely quite non threatening, even as a group.

The game was great, the weather was perfect, and seats were fantastic. We began our yelling and screaming for the Pirates and yelling at screaming at the Cubs. I kept yelling at the organist to play 'Baby Elephant Walk,' but alas she didn't hear me. There were a bevy of Cubs fans sitting in the section below ours so we were having a good time taunting them from above. Even the Pirates fans in the same section were looking up to us to yell down to them. The Cubs won the game, but we didn't care that much, we had a blast. I had my Primanti's Sandwich and I was happy. Even though the $6 sandwich cost less than the beer.

We retired to William Penn Tavern, or as i like to think of it now, 'The Office.' Enjoyed the evening further and the prices even more so. Once you've had a $6.75 Miller Lite, it's nice to have a few free Ketel One and Soda's. After a few hours of hanging out at the bar listening to several tunes we put on, most of which were 'Reel Big Fish' songs, we gathered the convoy to go home. I dropped some friends off, and said my goodbye's to a very fantastic & memorable evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so kewl to hang out with you at the Game. I had so much fun, can't wait to do it again.

4/19/2005 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home