Sunday, November 26, 2006

It all started with a $100 bet.

We stood in the Marriott parking lot drinking Molson with one of the up and coming stars of the NHL.
DSC00011
Mike decided at the end of the hockey game last night that we should hang around and wait for the Pens to come out of the dressing room. As we were standing there in the semi cold November evening looking down 30 feet onto various heads of all shapes and sizes Mike says 'I'm going to ask Max Talbot if he wants to come to your car and have a beer with us.' To which I replied. 'I'll give you $100 if he has a beer with us at my car.' Several heads and minutes later we finally see Talbot walk out of the dressing room. Mike then begins to yell, 'MAX, MAX.' Talbot then turns around and catches our glance. Mike then yells, 'My friend said he'd give me $400 if you have a beer with us at our car.' Talbot asked where my car was and we told him all the way at the top of the parking lot. He then told us to meet him in the Marriott parking lot in 10 minutes he then yelled, 'No one else! Just these guys.' Mind you we were yelling this across the parking lot among several other Pens fans.

I busted my ass up to the parking lot to grab my car. Picked up Noah and Mike and headed over to the Marriott. I circled the lot a few times as there were only valet spots left. We saw Talbot walking over and Noah jumped out of the car and headed over to him. He told us to just park along the curb by the valet spots. Talbot and his cousin Mark came over to my car and we cracked open some beer. The valets started looking over and began to walk towards my almost certainly illegally parked car. Talbot then raised his hand and said, 'We're cool guys, they're with me.'

We stood there in the parking lot drinking beer with Maxime Talbot talking about hockey and life. I had quite the weekend, to which this adventure added another small piece of awesomeness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an awesome story Ray. Hope everything is well, I was home for thanksgiving but Alice's mom went into the hospital so it got really crazy. I'll be home dec 19th for ten days so we have to chill. See you in a few weeks-laubach

11/29/2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home