Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Fresh Air" Finally Has A Podcast

I was listening to NPR earlier this evening.
DSC00014
As I checked the score for Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 I heard something that peaked my interest. Fundamentalist/Evangelical/Born Again/Ordinary everyday Christians have taken it upon themselves to cure homosexuality. Once I heard that the Christian Right was going to 'cure' individuals of being gay I immediately started laughing beyond any hopes of containment.

Christians, let me be the millionth person to say that one can't spread love through hate and fear. One can't fight for freedom while squashing individual civil liberties. A person can't get to the end of any sentence that involve the words 'cure,' 'God,' 'sacred bond,' and 'homosexuality' without implying that homosexual love is some how less-than heterosexual love.
DSC00011
It is intolerable that these Gayness Re-education Camps exist in the 'freest' nation on the globe. Christian parents, how can one send their child to a GRC under the opportune guise of love?

Once homosexuality has been eradicated what is the next item to cross off the Legal Pad of Evil? Non-Christian Religions? Race relations? Brunettes? Soy Milk?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Ken said...

Amen

3/26/2007 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home